How Can We Help?
Advancement Overview: Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA
The Grand Canyon Council Advancement and Awards & Recognition Committee is responsible for implementing and facilitating advancement and processing most special awards and recognitions.
This is done according to national procedures and local practices under the direction of the council executive board. Advancement committees operate under the Boy Scouts of America program function. They cooperate with the other program function elements— outdoor programs, activities and civic service, and training—and also with the membership, finance, and unit-service functions.
Need Assistance, Please Contact our Advancement Chair, Bill Nelson
Bill Nelson is a Silver Beaver recipient and is a longtime volunteer of Grand Canyon Council. Bill also serves on the National Committee for Scoutbook.
- Guide to Advancement – 2021 Edition
- Troop Advancement Training for Parents
- Board of Review Guidelines
- Role of the District Advancement Chairman
- New Internet Advancement
- Merit Badge Counseling
- Merit Badge Clinics
- Eagle Scout Projects and Process
- National Advancement Resources
- Merit Badge – Blue Card (fillable PDF)